Pulse Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation (PAM) Trainer
Order Code 40503View/Download
Experimental Training Board has been designed specifically for the study of Pulse Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation. Using this training board one can know the specialized techniques of Pulse Amplitude Modulation and Demodulation.
Practical experience on this board carries great educative value for Science and Engineering Students.
01. To demonstrate sampling of a sine wave audio signal thereby converting it into Pulse Amplitude Modulated Signal (PAM).
02. To demonstrate demodulation of PAM signal thereby recovering the sine wave audio signal.
03. To demonstrate the effect of sampling-rate on the distortion in recovered sine wave audio signal.
The board consists of the following built-in parts:
01. ±9V D.C. at 100mA, IC regulated Power Supply internally connected
02. Variable frequency sampling pulse generator
03. Sine wave audio frequency modulating signal generator
04. PAM Modulator circuit based on an operational amplifier
05. PAM Demodulator circuit based on a point contact diode and an operational amplifier
06. Adequate no. of other electronic components
07. Mains ON/OFF switch, Fuse and Jewel light
* The unit is operative on 230V ±10% at 50Hz A.C. Mains
* Adequate no. of patch cords stackable from rear both ends 2mm spring loaded plug length ½ metre
* Good Quality, reliable terminal/sockets are provided at appropriate places on panel for connections/ observation of waveforms
* Strongly supported by detailed Operating Instructions, giving details of Object, Theory, Design procedures, Report Suggestions and Book References
Other Apparatus Required:
* Cathode Ray Oscilloscope 20MHz